Who we are
Our slogan from the very beginning: “Stand upright against Violence – Karate Do as a way to gay an lesbian self-defense and self-assertion”.
In 1996, eleven Munich gay men founded the karate club “BUSHIDO Munich e.V.” as a result of a self defence course, which was organized by the “Anti-Violence-Project” of the “Gay Communication- and Culture-Centre” in Munich.
Since then train in different groups classic karate-do (Shotokan style).
BUSHIDO is a very traditional karate club name in and literally translated means "Way of the Warrior", which refers to the samurai’s code of honour.
BUSHIDO München e.V. is a member of:
- the Gay Communication and Culture Centre (Sub)
- the Bavarian National Sport Association (BLSV)
- the Bavarian Karate Federation (BKB)
- the German Karate Association (DKV)
- the European Gay & Lesbian Sport Federation (EGLSF)
- and the International Association of Gay and Lesbian Martial Artists (IAGLMA)